If you have ever had a pepper steak or pepper chicken in a restaurant and wanted to make the sauce at home, then look no further. Here is a simple recipe to make this delicious sauce to slather over your braai steaks or chicken.
- Butter (3 tablespoons)
- White onion (1 medium)
- Garlic cloves (3 cloves)
- Black peppercorn (4 tablespoons)
- Bay leaf (1 leaf)
- Heavy cream (1 and half heavy cream)
- Lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- Salt (to taste)
- Melt the butter in a frying pan then add the onion and saute until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds before adding the pepper and herbs.
- Gently toast the pepper until fragrant then pour in the cream.
- Season with lemon juice and salt and allow to simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened to your preference.